CULTURE, RACE AND IDENTITY IN FOSTER CARE/ADOPTION
Saturday November 5, 2011
1:30 – 4 p.m.
The Chapel’s Barrington Campus
180 N. Hawthorne Rd.
Barrington Hills, IL 60010
Please join us for an afternoon as Krista McCoy, M.S.W, LCSW discusses from a professional and personal perspective the role Christianity plays in raising children of a race and culture different than the adoptive parents. You will have the opportunity to ask questions in this open and honest discussion.
PLEASE JOIN US IF YOU:
- Adopted a child domestically or internationally
- Wondered what you should focus on first; Christianity or your child’s race/culture
- Are raising a child who is a different race, culture, or ethnicity
- Are curious about having friends and mentors for your trans-racially adopted child
- Are wondering what you can do to help your child in their identity formation
- Have wanted to know how raising biological children is different than adopted children
Early registration*: By Oct. 27 $10
Walk-ins: $15 *Register at the Chapel’s lobbies
Snacks provided. For more information or to RSVP, please contact Laura Grimes at email@example.com or call 630.235.0903.